Oatmeal Flax Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This is my favorite go to cookie recipe that leaves me feeling guilt free.
- 1/2 cup (125mL) butter (1 stick)
- 2/3 cup (150mL) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 1.5 (375mL) old- fashioned rolled oats (not quick- cooking or instant)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) barley flour.. or if you like almonds, almond flour works too.
- 1/2 cup (125mL) ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- ?? as many chocolate chips as you like 🙂
Preheat oven to 350 F ( 175 C). Make sure to soften butter or have butter at room temp. Mix butter and brown sugar together. Then add egg and vanilla to the butter-sugar mix. Whisk together well. In a separate bowl add oats, barley/almond flour, flaxseeds, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk dry ingredients together. Now add 1/3 of dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk. Repeat till dry ingredients are all mixed in with wet. Then add as many chocolate chips as you want. I usually do 1 1/2 cups (375mL) of chocolate chips. Should make 16-24 cookies… depends on the baker.